Wednesday 3 April 2013

Drawing of 'The Chantry' in Billericay

Chantry House Billericay England
Drawing of Chantry House, Billericay

I have been told that Chantry House is Billericay's oldest building and dates back to 1510 (not 1501 as stated on the building). It was from this building that the Pilgrim Fathers set sail to settle in America Aboard the 'Mayflower'.

I recently walked with my wife the length of Billericay High Street on a bright but bitter spring day and visited all my old haunts that where I played as boy. We had a rather nice coffee in the little teashop in 'Slipped Discs' next door.

It was nice to finally sketch and pay homage to such an old building that has been ever-present on the High Street for centuries and seen many generations stroll past it's doors.

I hope you like my drawing and urge you to visit sometime. Prints available soon.


Buy original or print
Original drawing of The Chantry, Billericay Hand signed A4 Print of pen and marker sketch on 90lb watercolour paper £14.99
Original 12" x 9" pen, ink and watercolour on 140lb watercolour paper £125
© All illustrations Robert R Wisdom www.theartofengland.co.uk 2012    

See where else I have sketched The Art of England in Google maps!








The Chantry in the 1930s